1. Click the New Report button
2. Then give your report a name
3. Next select the appropriate application Database
4. Now Click Create
New Report: This button gives you the ability to create multiple new reports.
Open: This button gives you the option to open any of the previous reports the user has created and saved.
Save: This will save report the user has active.
Save All: This saves all reports you have open.
Delete: Deletes the report the user has active.
Set Filter: This is a PRE-filter. This will be used to retrieve a defined data set instead of the whole data base.
Run Query: This generates a report. The user will need fill out the Report Source and Columns.
Print: Prints Report
Copy: Copies report to where you can paste in another document.
Export: Exports reports to Excel, PDF, HTML, CSV, and Rich Text Format.
Notice: In the image Test Report is red. That means it has not been saved. When it is saved it will look like the report next to it.
Report Source: This field picks which table it will be retrieving data from.
Filter: This field is optional and can be filled out by clicking the Set Filter button.
Columns: The user can scroll through and pick columns that will be in the report.
When the user presses the hotkey Ctrl+F a little search box will pop up above the columns. Cursor must be in the header area of the grid. This box will filter through the report to display the only items with that specific word or name.
Move: The user has the ability to move the columns all it takes is simple click and drag.
Remove: An easy way to remove columns is to right click on the column you want removed and then click Remove This Column.
Add Back Columns: To add back those columns that you removed right click the column bar and click Column Chooser a window will appear and just double click to add them back to the report.
Filtering: The user has the ability to filter the report on the fly. Say, In Residential, I wanted to find houses that older than year 2000 but newer than 1990, with a grade 4.
1. Right click on Year Built on the Column Bar
2. Then Click Filter Editor…
3. Click the green text and click less than Then enter 2000
4. Next click the little plus button next to And
5. Then click the green text again, change it to greater than
6. Click the plus button again.
7. Now click the blue text and find Grade the type 4
8. Click Apply
• To Toggle the filter on and off, just click the check box in the bottom left hand corner
• To Cancel the filter where it is no longer needed, just press the X in the bottom left hand corner
• To Edit the existing filter, the user would need to click Edit Filter in the bottom right hand corner
If you Right Click the grey bar at the bottom of the column you want to calculate. It can give you:
• the Sum of the specific column
• The Minimum and Maximum number
• Count the number of rows in the report
• The Average number
Sorting: Notice when you hover over a column name there is a little icon in the corner of the column. If you click it will give all the results in that one column. If I click 2000 in Year Built, it will only give me houses built in 2000.
Notice the other sorting options when you right click the column bar.